FORM are producing FORM Fringe to coincide with FORMAT International Photography Festival 2019, which reaches a global & local audience from its base in Derby. FORM Fringe will consist of a series of exhibitions, events & a photobooks stall, all based in the centre of Derby, alongside other festival exhibitions & in association with FORMAT. This Open Call invites artists interested in working collaboratively to further their artistic development.
We are looking for works in progress that can be developed through group critique and presented collectively to create new narratives. There is no theme, but we are interested in work which broadly explores the notion of form & how we consider it on a personal, societal & political level. Entry is free. The work of the 12 participating artists, made up of members of FORM & the winners of the Open Call, will then be curated into group exhibitions.
FORM experiments with ideas of collective authorship & collaboration & as such, the individual works will not be authored to the individuals, instead as the collective.
Selected artists will receive:
– Travel bursary up to £150
– Print bursary (with support of Metro Imaging)
– Accomodation for FORMAT opening weekend
– Group feedback & crit day with Camilla Brown
NOTE: Applicants must be available to attend the crit session on Sunday 3rd March
To apply please send a PDF (max 2 sides of A4) to firstname.lastname@example.org including:
– An overview of your practice & experience to date
– Your interest in collaborating with FORM collective
– Your response to the theme ‘form’
– Previous examples of your work
– Links to your portfolio and/or website
DEADLINE: Sunday 24th February 10am